QT Life← Back to overview
CHOCOLATE TRUFFLE EASTER EGG RECIPE
It’s Easter time, and with that comes the need for some serious chocolate indulgence. Here’s a recipe to get you started!
You will need 4 plastic trays each containing 11 Easter-egg moulds for this recipe.
- 2 x 180g pkts white chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 2 x 200g pkts milk chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup (125ml) thickened cream
- Place half the white chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan half filled with simmering water. Stir with a metal spoon until chocolate melts. Reserve 2 tablespoons of chocolate.
- Use a small clean brush to brush a thin layer of melted chocolate over 22 Easter-egg moulds. Set aside to set. Repeat with half the milk chocolate.
- Meanwhile, combine remaining white chocolate and half the cream in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan half filled with simmering water. Stir with a metal spoon until chocolate melts and mixture is smooth. Remove from heat and cover with plastic wrap. Place in the fridge, stirring occasionally, for 1 hour or until ganache thickens. Repeat with remaining milk chocolate and cream.
- Spoon white and milk-chocolate ganache evenly among chocolate egg shells and smooth the surface. Place in the fridge for 15 minutes to chill.
- Turn eggs on to a clean work surface. Melt reserved white chocolate. Brush edge of a white-chocolate egg shell with melted chocolate and sandwich together with a second white-chocolate egg shell to make a whole egg. Set aside to set. Repeat with remaining melted white chocolate and white-chocolate egg shells.
- Melt reserved milk chocolate and repeat with milk-chocolate egg shells.