Delish recipe for you!
For the cookies:
The almond mixture:
• 150g powdered almonds
• 150g powdered sugar
• 55g egg whites
• 15g red food coloring
For the meringue:
150g granulated sugar
55g egg whites
1. Sift together the powdered almonds with powdered sugar. Add the 55g egg whites and food colouring, but do not stir them together.
2. In a saucepan fitted with a candy thermometer, cook the granulated sugar and water to 115C. In the bowl of an electric mixer, begin whipping the whites until they form soft peaks. Once the syrup is 118C, pour the syrup over the remaining 55g egg whites while they’re whipping.
3. Continue to whip the whites until the temperature drops to 50C.
4. Remove the bowl from the mixer and fold in the powdered almond mixture.
5. Using a pastry bag with a plain tip, pipe 3.5cm rounds onto parchment-lined baking sheets. Once piped, let the rounds sit for 30 minutes to develop a crust.
6. Heat the oven the 180C.
7. Bake the macarons for 12 minutes, during which time rapidly open the door twice.