Paleo Granola recipe from Bazaar Marketplace
- 1 cup raw almonds
– 1 cup raw cashews
– 1/4 cup raw pepitas/pumpkin seeds
– 1/4 cup raw sunflower seeds (no shell)
– 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
– 1/4 cup coconut oil
– 1/2 cup raw honey
– 1 tsp. vanilla extract
– 1 tsp. sea salt
– 1 cup raisins (or your favorite dried fruit)
- Food processor or blender
– Medium sized mixing bowl
– Stirring spoon
– Parchment paper
– Baking sheet
1. Preheat oven to 275 F. Place the almonds, cashews and coconut flakes in a food processor or blender and pulse a few times to break into smaller chunks.
2. Microwave the coconut oil, raw honey and vanilla extract together in a medium sized mixing bowl for about 30-45 seconds. Add the seeds, nuts and coconut flakes and stir to coat.
3. Spread the granola mixture evenly onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and cook for about 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring once or twice. Remove from heat and add the raisins and sprinkle with sea salt, pressing the mixture together to form a flat surface (see photo below).
4. Allow to cool for about 20 minutes or until hardened, and then break into chunks and enjoy.