Recipe! Christmas Ice Cream conesPosted on in QT Life
- 125g mixed glace fruits (such as apricots, cherries, pears and cedro – see note)
- 1/3 cup (80ml) sweet sherry
- 125g dark chocolate
- 1.25L good-quality vanilla ice cream, softened
- 2/3 cup (90g) slivered almonds, toasted, chopped
- Finely chop fruits and place in a bowl with sherry. Cover. Stand at room temperature for at least 4 hours or overnight.
To prepare paper moulds, cut eight 30cm x 20cm sheets of baking paper. Trim 8 sheets of A4 paper into the same size.
Lay a baking paper sheet over a sheet of regular paper. Bring top right corners down to the middle of the paper and then roll to form a cone shape. Secure with a small piece of sticky tape. Repeat with remaining sheets of paper and place in 8 champagne flutes or slim wine glasses.
Finely chop chocolate. Drain the glace fruits, discarding the liquid, and fold into softened ice cream with almonds and chocolate. Scoop the ice cream mixture into the paper cones, packing down ice cream tightly and levelling the top. Carefully transfer to the freezer for at least 6 hours or overnight until firm.
To serve, remove tape and unwrap the paper. Invert cones onto serving plates.
Recipe & image source: Gareth Keenan – Head Pastry Chef