Recipe of the month for October.
- 3 tablespoons of cooking oil/butter
- 1 onion, finely sliced
- 2 Green peppers, chopped
- 1 clove of fresh garlic, minced
- Half Teaspoon of ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 4 or 5 whole cloves
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 whole chicken, cut into quarters or smaller
- 1 cup water
- 4 potatoes, cleaned and quartered
- 3 tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cups of coconut milk
- 1 handful of fresh cilantro or parsley
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
1. Heat oil in large pot, and over high heat use oil/butter to fry off onions and green peppers. Add in minced garlic, spices and salt and mix well, stirring constantly.
2. Add chicken to the pot (add more oil if necessary to prevent sticking) and turn until browned all over. Remove chicken and set aside.
3. Add water to the pot and bring to a slow boil. Add the potatoes and cook until tender.
4. Return chicken to the pot and slowly boil until both chicken and potatoes are done.
5. Add tomatoes and cook for a few minutes, before adding the coconut milk and stirring through to become a thick sauce. Add lemon juice before serving.Share this